Friday, August 14, 2009

Still beautiful at 90

Today when I went to the Beauty Shop there was a little, white haired lady walking in front of me, holding on to her daughters arm. It just made me smile a little because they were so slow and I remember doing that with my mom. When we got inside and I went to put my purse down I looked at her and thought she looked familiar......then she smiled and almost at the same instant we recognized each other. She had been my Mia Maid teacher so many years ago and I had adored her. I just wrapped her tiny body in my arms and cried. We had such a nice visit. She told me she is 90 years old but when she smiled she still looked as beautiful to me as she did when I was 16 years old. Back then I was such a rebellious little s**t but she just loved me (and all the girls...several of us were quite naughty!) and didn't seem to let us shake her up. I guess that is why we loved her so much. She never treated us like we were anything other than perfect angels. :)
When we started hugging the girls in the shop wanted to know what was going on so I told them she had been my very favorite Young Womens leader and they jokingly said "do you need to apologize to her?" I just said "if you only knew!"

2 comments:

Holly said...

You know, this made me think of that summer at Aspen Meadow when I was 16. And how kind you were to me. I will never forget that. That summer and getting to know you was a treasured memory for me!

Carolynn said...

Thanks Holly! I love you too. :). That was a great time for me getting to know you girls. And now look...you are my Visiting Teacher. How great is that!!! I really think that you are the only one who reads my blog haha

Followers