Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, Monday..........

I heard that song this morning and now I can't get it out of my mind! It's a beautiful Monday morning here but the wind is already picking up. aaaaahhhhh, life in Round Valley :). At least I got everything watered before it started blowing too bad. I don't think my zucchini is going to make it. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only Mormon on the planet that can kill a zucchini plant.
Yesterday Randy had been asked to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting and he did such a good job. He talked on preparing for a mission. He didn't know it but it was Raze Davis' farewell so his talk fit right in. He has always done such a good job speaking and doesn't seem the least bit nervous. He takes very few notes and just gets up there and does it. I don't know where he gets that talent from because it sure isn't from me.
After church we went over to the Warner's for a BBQ. Terri's in laws were there as well as her brother and SIL from Michigan. We had lots of food and lots of laughs. Terri's baked beans should be in the hall of fame. OhMyGosh!
I am back to taking care of Odis for 10 days. Michelle is out of town so instead of our 4 on 4 off schedule I am it for awhile. I love Odis and she is so interesting to talk to. At 85 she is as sharp as a tack and when she wants to she has a very funny streak in her. It is kind of hard on my back when I'm there that many days in a row but not as hard as being at the bookstore on my feet 7 hours at a time. This Sat. will be my last day at the store and I will miss the people and the atmosphere (not to mention my 20% discount on all the books I love to read) but I just can't keep up with both jobs and a teenager. Ted and Pat are the most wonderful, laid back, bosses I think I have ever had and I'm glad I had the opportunity to get to know them better.
Kelly is texting me this morning with up-dates on their camp and some info. she got from Kolbe's testing. She is finally on the right path to getting him the help he needs. She is such a good mother and I'm so proud of the woman that she has become. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. I'll be glad when they come home. I may not see her for days at a time but at least I know she's HERE and not far away. They are really having a good time and I'm glad about that.

No comments:

Followers