Thursday, October 8, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Joe Montemagno, Maya Rugg, Alex Padilla, Randy McCormick, Sam Webster, Damian Knight
Damian and Randy getting ready for the dance


She said "yes"

Randy had a lot of fun this year with Homecoming. It started with the parade, which, unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of. I had to work and haven't been able to find anyone who took pictures of their float. Randy asked Alex Padilla to the dance by filling her car with balloons and candy. She answered him by toilet papering our house and leaving a note on the door in the middle of the night :) We weren't so creative when I was in school.
The day of the dance Randy, Joe, and Damian went to Showlow to cheer on their dates at their soccer game. After the game they went bowling and to Pizza Hut. Then they came home to get ready for the dance. All three boys decided to dress the same with black pants and shirt and a gold tie. (black and gold are Round Valley colors). They all looked very handsome and the girls looked beautiful. I took lots of pictures and then they had to make the rounds so all the parents could do the same....six stops :) But they humored us "old folks" so we could have a little piece of the fun and excitement.

On a different note.....It was General Conference this week-end and it was so good, as always. I'm always amazed that every year at least one talk seems to be speaking directly to me. I am so thankful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and to have a living prophet on the earth to lead and guide us. I'm thankful to know that my Savior loves me and that my Father in Heaven hears and answers my prayers.

No comments:

Followers